- The Church is an organized religion with a political agenda. In other words, don’t come if you aren’t Republican!
- The Church is judgmental and negative. To outsiders, the Church appears to focus on what we are against more than what we are for.
- The Church is dominated by males and oppresses females.
- The Church is homophobic.
- The Church arrogantly claims all other religions are wrong.Post-moderns are willing to talk to us about Christ and the Bible, but first we have to take their beliefs and the beliefs of others seriously and respectfully.
- The Church is full of fundamentalists who take the whole Bible literally. In other words, don’t come if you believe in evolution or have any questions or concerns about portions of the Bible.
What do you think? Are their perceptions correct? How can we correct misconceptions?