Wednesday, June 20, 2007

O Sweet Auburn


As I mentioned before, Steven is now one of four "freshman advisors" for the marching band. That's the official title. The real title is RAT Leader. RAT stands for Rookie Auburn Tiger--at least that is what he says. They've come a long way from the days when I was a rat, but the purpose is the same to help freshmen transition into Auburn life. One of my strongest memories of the first day or two of classes at Auburn was of being lost on campus, burdened by books and unsure where to go when suddenly, from out of nowhere it seemed, an Auburn band member would show up and give me direction and help. I didn't always know who they were, but they knew who I was from reading the back of my rat cap (I think we were the last class to wear those--what kids are missing these days! And--Yes, that is my original Rat hat to the right.)

Anyway, I just wanted to share what Steven wrote about Auburn and the Auburn band on the Auburn RAT blog. It may sound sappy but like Steven I have always truly loved Auburn and for many of the same reasons he mentions.

No comments: