Friday, January 30, 2009

Jan 30th Eclectic Echoes


It's been a busy week over my way. So hard to tell if there was fewer interesting items on the web (other than inauguration prayer reflections--which I've read but I'm sure you are sick of) or if I was too busy to pay much attention! But here are a few things that caught my attention.

Over at Alban Institute, a thought-provoking article about Who Locked the Gates of the church to the unaffiliated (I think I like that term much better than unchurched)>

Methodist Women Seek to Pastor Large Churches

A great mission idea to get men involved in the church while taking care of the least of these.

We showed Fireproof on Wednesday night and will be showing it again tonight. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. It is a great jummping off point for discussions about marriage, faith, and family relationships. But it was hard for me to imagine having paid $8 to see it in the theater. So I found this article on What Christians Watch intriguing.

Speaking of movies staring Kirk Cameron, I LOVED this post from Stuff Christians Like on talking about the end of the world. So I'm now adding Jason Boyett to my google reader.

If you know a young musician heading to Auburn in the fall, direct him or her to the AU Band site and encourage them to sign the Marching Band Intent form! (Nothing like a bit of recruiting on behalf of the band and of their webmaster--my son)

Great reflection on a big event here in Huntsville by Steve West.

Thanks to Matt Reed for posting this video to Plaxo. It's short but you do need to watch it until the end.


Bless her heart and I do hope she can receive this in Christian love BUT that sermon just did not feed me spiritually . . .would you pass the salt please.

Christianity Today's 10 Most Redeeming Movies of 2008.

And for your laugh of the week The One Semester of Spanish Love Song (in honor of my children!)

No comments: