Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekly Review -- January 18th


Well, I'm a bit behind, but that's what happens when you spend a week away from home! I leave for CTS tomorrow and I'll be home on Friday. And then in June, I will finally get to attend the Orientation Seminar!

In the meantime, here are some interesting links from this week:

Thanks to Facebook, I recently reconnected with a dear friend from high school. Jeannie makes absolutely beautiful cards, check them out at her blog, A Place for My Cards. And you can bid on ebay for one of your own!

On Wednesday, my class will discuss and analyze the prayers and statements made for and about God at the Inaugaeration. And there will be plenty to discuss, the first woman to give an inaugaral sermon, Joseph Lowery, and Rick Warren.

According to the New York Times, the best way to keep your New Years Resolution is to get religious about it!

Jesus and Chocolate

Ways to Pray in a Church Meeting

Obama: Our First Gen-X President?

A 7 minute history of Methodism


Memory Loss Plagues Wall Street AND Christians

January 15th was not only MLK's birthday but it was also the 8th birthday of Wikipedia!

The Gospel Amidst Violence

Let's hear it for the Radical Centrists! Here is a list of some Third Way Writers.

Are you a REAL reader?

Speaking of readers, I, like Eugene Cho, read more than one book at a time and I don't always finish everything I start. But in response to Cho's challenge, here are the books I am currently reading:

My Jesus Year--I am nearly half way through this book and I HIGHLY recommend it. Benyamin Cohen is funny and thought provoking as he shares his experience as an Orthodox Jew spending a year immersing himself in Christianity. This is well worth your time.
A Theology of Public Life-- for my class.
Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White by Adam Hamilton
The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How you Read the Bible by Scott McKnight
(since all of these are non-fiction, I am a non-reader by NEA standards!)

And now for this week's laugh:

No comments: