Monday, February 23, 2009

Ash Wednesday


Come and join us as we begin preparing our hearts and lives to celebrate Easter as we come together to reflect on our need for salvation. The Water's Edge Praise team will lead our music and we will hear testimonies from some of our congregation about their experience of Jesus Christ. This service will be a wonderful mix of old and new as we receive the traditional mark of ashes to remind us of our need for repentance and our common humanity while reflecting on the Psalms through the use of the Blues! Be sure and join us as we prepare our hearts for the season to come!

"Words and music did for me what solid, even rigorous, religious argument could never do -- they introduced me to God, not belief in God, more an experiential sense of GOD. Over art, literature, girls, my mates, the way in to my spirit was a combination of words and music. As a result, the Book of Psalms always felt open to me and led me to the poetry of Ecclesiastes, the Song of Solomon, the book of John...My religion could not be fiction, but it had to transcend facts. It could be mystical, but not mythical. " Bono

No comments: