Friday, February 6, 2009

Eclectic Echoes Feb. 6th

Betwixt and Between--President Obama is the same age as I am. Some claim we are Boomers and others lump us with Gen-X, this article from USA Today points out that we actually represent a bridge generation "Generation Jones" which is both idealistic and pragmatic.

Some excellent and challenging thoughts on the UM Church
What We're Not is as Important as What We Are
The Big Five: prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. (Be sure and read the comments for more challenging thoughts)

Facebook: Connection trumping relationship?

In case, I haven't pointed it out to you yet--be sure and check out Amelia's One Minute Devotionals. This one really spoke to me!

Shane Claibourne's Christianity (and I hear he is coming to Trinity in Huntsville this year!)

This week, the internet was out at New Life and the phone system for New Hope's customer service pushed the limits of my patience. So it was with interest and a bit of humility that I read this article on Christians and the way some treat people in the service industries.

What I really could have used that day was The Biblical Curse Generator! Check it out.

Habitat For Humanity Founder, Millard Fuller, died this week.

I think there is great value in symbolic acts that can be easily incorporated into daily life. So I found John's questions about the sign of the cross intriguing. What do you think?

And here is this week's laugh--it's a bit long but worth it!

No comments: