Friday, August 7, 2009

In honor of our 30th High School Reunion


I normally don't post Facebook quizzes to my blog, but here is a quiz about my senior year in honor of the fact that I graduated from high school and started Auburn 30 years ago.

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! At the end, choose 10 people (or more) to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under the tabs on your profile page, copy and paste my note in the body of the note, delete my answers and type yours, tag 10 people (in the right hand corner of the app). Then click publish.)

IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...

1. Did you date someone from your school? I may have had a date or two, but I didn't "date" anyone.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Yes. I met Craig in 9th grade when we took Latin 1 but we didn't date until our sophomore year of college when he transferred to Auburn.

3. Did you car pool to school? Yes. I drove my sister as well as a couple of other folks.

4. What kind of car did you have? 1972 Chevy Vega (nicknamed the Viscous Vegas and it could be heard coming for miles)until it was rear-ended and totaled. Then (and this sounds much better than it was) a 68 Pontiac Firebird (the Ferocious Firebird).

5. What kind of car do you have now? 2009 Toyota Camry--metallic blue

6. Its Saturday night...where are you today? Reviewing my sermon for the umpteenth time.

7. It is Saturday night...where were you then? Walking the mall

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? None

9. What kind of job do you do now? Pastor, New Life UMC

10. Were you a party animal? Not at all.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Not hardly

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Clarinet in marching and concert bands.

13. Were you a nerd? Absolutely.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No

15. Can you sing the fight song? Unfortunately, yes.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Wagnon, Ms. Bedell, and yes Ms. Morrow

17. Where did you sit during lunch? I have no idea

18. What was your school's full name? Gadsden High School (and it no longer exists)

19. When did you graduate? 1979

20. What was your school mascot? Tiger

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Honestly, no.

22. Did you have fun at Prom? Yes.

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? If Facebook counts--Hi Bob!

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Unfortunately, no. It's Saturday night--not my best night for a party.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes--mostly Facebook

26. School Colors? Orange and Black

27. What celebrities came from your high school? I don't know of any--anyone else have an idea?

No comments: