Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Time For Silence and Prayer



So many words are being said and yet there is so little to say. I think Jim Wallis is on track when he announced that this is a Time for Silence and Prayer. Yet, my heart continues to be tugged by the thought of the killer's family. Diane Butler Bass wrote an intriguing article on his mothers silence (Silence of a Murderer's Mother). But her article doesn't take into account the Korean culture's sense of shame. Furthermore, she has probably been struggling with the shame of his mental illness for years. As a mother, my heart goes out to this poor woman as well as the mother's of all the victims. I hope that she finds support for her Christian community.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for your sermon today. It was great. As always it felt like you were talking to me!!!

we love you a bunch!