Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The End ?



Well, I finished the book. And without spoiling it for anyone, I will simply say that I am glad that I went on this seven book journey. I've enjoyed reading as Harry grew up and I've watched my kids grow up in the process.

We were given the first book by a dear friend, Kristen Shields, who loves books and loves to share books with my kids. We read the book together during my first semester at Vanderbilt. I would drive to Nashville in the morning, return home after dinner, take Phillip and Laura into my lap and read a chapter to them. (Here is a picture of them about the time we started reading the books.) By the time I finished Vandy three years later, they were reading the fifth book on their own and neither fit in my lap. And of course, the seventh book came out the day before Steven's 21st birthday. So my kids have sort of grown up with Harry. I think we shall miss him.


So for now the Potter books go on my bookshelf along with the Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Wrinkle in Time and other such wonderful books and await my future grandchildren.

1 comment:

Amy said...

aww. im inspired now. seriously.