Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Last Shall be First, the First Last, but the Middle is Still the Middle

But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first. Matthew 19:30

During Advent one year when the kids were much smaller, we were reading this scripture. And our middle child, Phillip, said, "The first will be last and the last will be first, but the middle is still the middle!" As if to say, I guess there is no justice for middle children even in the Kingdom of God!

Someone has already pointed out that I have posted updates on Laura (last) and Steven (first) and skipped over my poor middle son. The problem with being 17 and being a junior is that he is between major milestones in his life right now! We are looking forward to his first prom and next month he will experience something none of the rest of us have as he travels to Spain and Italy for spring break with the Buckhorn Choir!

He is a truly great kid! And I am very proud of him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like him. He always tells me funny stories and doesn't criticize my taste in music...unlike some nephews.

Love you Steven.

Anonymous said...

He even gets to be Jesus in worship on March 2