Friday, February 22, 2008

San Diego Bound


On Monday, I'm off to San Diego for the National Pastors Convention. I am excited about the prospect of hearing from so many of the people whose books have inspired me! I suspect I'll see very little of San Diego since almost every hour is filled with opportunities to hear great speakers. Plus I look forward to a few hours by myself in my hotel room. It should be really nice!

Speaking of books, (and speakers at the NPC), I've started reading Scott McKnight's "A Community Called Atonement" as part of my morning devotional and I highly recommend it. He does use those expensive theological words but he defines them and shows why they make a difference in your daily life. If you are looking for a book that is highly readible and might just challenge the way you think about the effect of Jesus' death on the cross, get a copy and start reading.

No comments: