Monday, November 24, 2008

Responsible Thanksgiving


Yesterday's Sermon: Responsible Thanksgiving

At the end of this week's sermon, I gave a challenge to the congregation. For each of the next five days as we prepare for Thanksgiving to think of five things that we God has given us for which we are thankful and one way of actively giving thanks to God for them. (Each day's response should be different!)

So here are my responses for Sunday:

1. I am thankful for Music and especially music in worship.
2. I am thankful to have all of my family home safe for the holidays.
3. I am thankful for a sister whom I enjoy spending time with.
4. I am thankful for Scott, New Life's newest member, and for his family and for the prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness they have already brought to us!
5. I am thankful for my calling and for the Spirit of God which enables me to do what God has called me to do.

My response: I will give thanks to God by sharing my responses publicly realizing that this last part--coming up with a new way to actively respond--is going to be the hardest and I need to be held accountable for it!

So anyone else want to share?

No comments: