Sunday, September 6, 2009

Eclectic Echoes -- Sep 6th


Thoughts on Faith and Life
On a "Pro Vita Faith" that takes seriously the value of life

Communicating Hate Sucks

For a Civil Parking Lot

The Health Care Debate: Early Church Style

Church of the Resurrection Health Care Forum

The Practice of Asking Questions

John Piper makes me wipe me eyes and say, "AHHH" I agree with this wholeheartedly!

Reflections on Church
A Different Kind of Success

What exactly is a worshipper?

Myths of Church Growth

Tool kit for Radical Methodists: Group Prayer

Over accepting being young

Stewardship and Church

Does architecture make a difference in attracting men to church? Reaching Men Through Intentional Design

From North Alabama
Anonymous Donor pays off Sumatanga Retreat Center Debt! Thank you Mr. or Ms. Anon! Now the rest of us need to use the facility!

Thanks God, but No Thanks

AU Poll shows many Alabamians are skipping meals and eating less to cope with the economy

Bishop Willimon on Thinking Like Christians about Health Care

Other interesting stuff
How To Learn Fast

My Name is Roger and I'm An Alcoholic Take the time to read this powerful testimony by Roger Ebert!

A Classic List of Must-Read Children's Books

Just for fun:

Man Purses

Top 20 Jewish Comedians

8 Songs inspired by real women

This week's laugh of the week:
(This is appropriately PG suggested)

Facebook, Twitter Revolutionizing How Parents Stalk Their College-Aged Kids

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Hello new blog format?! Beautiful! I love it!
I'll have to click around and read really soon, but this looks great!

Pastor Sherill said...

Thanks! It's not what I want yet and I think I'll have to learn some HTML to really get it like I want it . . .

But it is a start.